The rate of fraud on the internet is rapidly increasing every day. Fraudsters now use clever schemes by combining new technology with old tricks to defraud millions of people every year. They use these tricks to get personal information from individuals and also get them to send money.
Recently, how to block hackers has become everyone’s question, since fraudsters has been known to be a threat to the cyber community for a while now. Here are some practical tips to help you stay a step ahead.
- Log into your facebook account, go to the settings and click on it.
- Scroll down to security settings, click on it.
- Scroll to security & login.
- Scroll to use two factor authentication and click on it.
- Simple fill in the information.
- A code will be sent your mobile number.
- Save the code and never reveal the it to anyone.
- Open the whatsapp application on your phone.
- Click on the 3 dots at the right hand corner of your whatsapp account.
- Scroll down and click on settings.
- Scroll down and click on account.
- Scroll down and click on TWO STEP VERIFICATION.
- Scroll down and click activate, you will be directed to enter a six(6) secret code.
- On no account, will you reveal the code to anyone.
MOBILE BANKING ACCOUNT
There is need to add a PIN on your SIM, once you do mobile banking from your phone, otherwise your account can be wipe clean anytime you lose your phone or stolen. The process to add a pin to your sim is very simple but can cost you all your life savings if ignored.
Kindly follow these simple steps to protect hacking of your bank account through SIM THEFT.
- From your phone go to SETTINGS.
- Under SETTINGS, go to SECURITY & LOCATION.
- Go to SIM CARD LOCK and click on LOCK SIM CARD.
- Type in your mobile network default SIM CARD PIN.
Sim cards Network Default Pin; for MTN “00000”, AIRTEL “1111”, 9mobile “0000”, GLO “0000”.
- After entering the MOBILE NETWORK DEFAULT PIN, you will see ” CHANGE SIM PIN” under it, click on it to change to a new unique 4 digit pin.
- Confirm your unique 4 digits PIN by entering it again and you are done.
With the above settings, when ever you switch “On” your phone, you will be prompted to enter your SIM CARD PIN, just exactly as you will be prompted to enter your phone lock PIN or Draw Your PATTERN each time you switch “on” (POWER ON) your phone.
Hence, with the activation of sim lock on your phone, your money can never be withdrawn from your bank account through your sim. This simply means the sim will be useless in their hands when lost since its blocked and you will not be under tension to go and block or retrieve your stolen sim.
NOTE: With this information, your accounts are well secured and saved from hackers or scammers.