It’s very convenient these days using ATM card for Online payment. There are many offers for shopping on the Internet and we will show you how to activate your ATM card for this purpose.
When you open an account at your desired bank, a free card that gives you access to your money will be issued to you. The card can be used for withdrawing cash at ATMs, transfer cash, balance inquiries etc. Life is becoming easier, through the invention of technologies. We can do almost everything online including payments and money withdrawal.
How to get ATM card?
After opening the account, an ATM card will be given to you, though the card need to be activated. The card offers you instant access to any banking operations, just follow the following steps:
- To receive ATM card. You’ll get the card by the mail. Most banks will send a separate document with a temporary PIN number to you.
- Make sure the card you received is the one you requested or applied for. Check the card’s details and expiration date. If the expiration date is approaching soon, contact your bank.
- Ensure to sign at the back of the card when received. If it’s a replacement debit card, or a temporary card, it’s better to destroy the old card to help protect your identity and information.
How to Activate ATM card
Activation of ATM card is super easy and fast, there are several ways to do it.
- Go to an automated teller machine, choose an ATM of your bank, Insert your card, use your PIN and follow the instructions on the screen.
- Depending on banks, some may require you to go through an activation screen, while other banks will automatically activate the card.
- Call the support service of your bank. To activate your card most banks provide a toll-free number you can use. In this case, call the toll-free number and give all the necessary information (social security number, zip code, and security code of your card).
- Visit the website of your bank and Log into your online account. Some banks provide an activation service by the Internet. Log in to your Internet banking account and find the activating button. The website of your bank may require you to enter the security code of the card. Many banks have mobile apps that allow you to activate your ATM card.
- Visit any branch of your bank and ask the bank attendant to activate your card.
- Some ATM cards allow you to make a purchase to activate the card. Just use your card in some store.
How to comprehend what kind of ATM card you have
In most cases, look for the logo. The logo should be at the right corner of the card, if there are no such logos as American Express or Discover, you have an ATM card, the cart for automated teller machines.
How to use ATM card?
While shopping online, if there is a payment network logo, it’s technically a debit card, enter 16 digit card number. There also need to provide your billing zip code and the security code on the back of your card.
For paying bills online, you can do the same as if shopping online, or you can use your bank’s online bill payment system, the money comes out of your checking account either way.
One can make withdrawal from almost any ATM regardless of the associated bank, though this may incur fees. Don’t forget that you can transfer funds between accounts and always check your balance before any withdrawal.
Withdrawing of money from ATM usually has two withdrawal options
This option allows you to quickly withdraw a set amount as labeled on the machine screen. This is usually either $30, $40, $50 or $60.
This option allows you to specify how much you want to withdraw by typing in the amount.
Note: Most ATMs and banks limit how much a customer can withdraw from an ATM in a given day, so be careful of your limits. The limit varies widely based on bank and account type, but limits between $300 to $1000 are common.
How to activate ATM card for online payment
Here are steps for online shopping with ATM or Debit Card PIN:
- Simply visit the shopping website;
- Select your product and checkout;
- Go to the payment page, from the option available select “DEBIT CARD + ATM PIN”;
- Type in your Debit Card details and ATM PIN, click on “Submit” and your transaction is done!
How do I activate ATM card for online transactions with Quickteller?
To activate your ATM card follow the simple steps below:
- Go to any nearest ATM machine;
- Insert your card into the ATM machine, from the option displayed on the screen choose the Quickteller;
- Select Pay Bills;
- Then select Others;
- Enter the payment code e.g 322222;
- Enter your phone number as the customer reference number;
- A prompt message will notify you of the applicable charges and the rest.
Today, the world is increasingly switching to online mode, since ATM card provide a simple, convenient way to access your bank account from just about anywhere. There are lots of online shops and services so don’t waste time to join the unlimited possibilities of online shopping. Though it may be confusing at first using ATMs, but they are incredibly straightforward and easy to operate.